Prep: 10 Mins
Cook: 4 Hours 10 Mins
Price: £2.10 per serving
- 2 x 300g packs lamb leg steaks, cubed
- 100ml red wine
- 200ml beef stock
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 2tsp mixed dried herbs
- 400g can tomatoes
- 2tbsp tomato purée
- 450g pasta
- 1tbsp cornflour, mixed with 1tbsp water
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- 150g cooked frozen peas
- 1 carrot (trimmed and cut into thin strips)
- 1 courgette (trimmed and cut into thin strips)
- 3tbsp reduced fat mascarpone
- 2tbsp chopped parsley
Put the lamb in a slow cooker. Add the wine, stock, onion, garlic, herbs, canned tomatoes and purée. Cook on low for 4 hrs. (Or cook in a casserole dish at 150C/130C Fan/Gas 3 for 4 hrs.)
Cook the pasta according to the pack instructions.
Transfer the lamb to a pan, add the cornflour, cherry tomatoes, peas, carrot and courgette. Simmer for 2 mins.
Stir the mascarpone into the pasta. Scatter on parsley and serve with the lamb ragu.