Slow-cooker lamb rogan josh
- 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1tbsp Scratch Cook Frozen Chopped Ginger
- 2tsp chilli powder
- 2 x 350g packs Butcher’s Selection Diced Lamb
- 1tbsp garam masala
- 3 cardamom pods
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 400g tin Asda Chopped Tomatoes
- 1tbsp tomato purée
- 1tbsp chopped mint
- 100g low-fat natural yogurt
- Fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
- Sliced red chillies, to garnish
- Pack Asda 2 Peshwari Naans, heated according to the pack instructions, to serve
Heat half the oil in a large pan over a medium setting, add the onions and cook for 5 mins until browned. Add the garlic, ginger and chilli powder then cook for a further 2 mins. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
Add the remaining oil to the pan and brown the lamb over a high heat.
Add the garam masala, cardamom and cinnamon to the pan and fry for 2 mins on a low heat.
Add the lamb mixture to the slow cooker along with the onion mixture. Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato purée and 200ml boiling water. Cover with the lid and cook for 6-8 hrs on the low setting.
In a small dish, stir the mint into the yogurt. Season with pepper and garnish with extra mint.
Transfer the curry to a serving dish; scatter with coriander and red chillies, to garnish. Serve with the mint yogurt sauce and the warm naans on the side.