Lamb shanks with orange & mint
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 Butcher's Selection Lamb Shank Joints, 377g each
- 2 tbsp chopped mint
- Zest 1 small orange
- 75ml fresh orange juice
- 2 tbsp redcurrant jelly
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 500ml lamb stock, made with 1 cube
- 1 level tbsp cornflour
- Extra Special Potato Mash, to serve
- Asda Hand Shelled Peas, to serve
- Chantenay carrots, to serve
Heat the oil in a frying pan. Cook the shallots over a medium heat until golden.
Put in a slow cooker with all the ingredients, except the cornflour. Cook for 6-8 hours (3hrs 30mins in the oven).
Transfer to a serving dish. Pour the liquid into a pan. Mix the cornflour with a splash of water, then add. Bring to the boil, simmer for 1 min, stirring. Pour the sauce over the meat and serve with mash and veg.