- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 x 300g packs Asda Butcher's Selection Lamb Neck Fillets, trimmed of fat and cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 level tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 level tsp ground ginger
- 1 1/2 level tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 level tsp smoked paprika
- 390g can Asda Chopped Tomatoes with Chilli & Peppers
- 250g carrots, sliced
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 2 red peppers, de-seeded and sliced
- 3 tbsp fresh coriander, plus extra to serve
- 150g ready-to-eat prunes
- 150g ready-to-eat dried apricots
- 50g whole blanched almonds
- Couscous, to serve
Pre-heat the oven to 160C/140C Fan/Gas 3. Heat half the oil in a frying pan and cook the cubed lamb in batches until browned on both sides, then transfer to a casserole dish.
Heat the remaining oil in the pan, then cook the onion until soft and starting to turn golden. Add all the spices with 2 tbsp cold water. Stir over a medium heat for 1 minute, then mix with the lamb.
Heat the tomatoes in the pan until simmering, stirring to pick up any leftover spices. Add to the lamb with 300ml hot water. Cover and cook in the oven for 45 minutes.
Add the carrots, honey and red peppers to the casserole dish. Cover and cook for another 45 minutes.
Add the fresh coriander, prunes and apricots to the casserole. Cover and cook for a further 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, put the almonds on a baking tray and roast for 5 minutes until golden.
Sprinkle the roasted almonds onto the tagine along with the remaining chopped fresh coriander. Serve with couscous.