Lamb with balsamic glaze
- 700g King Edward potatoes (or Maris Piper potatoes), peeled
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 x 323g packs Asda Lamb Escalopes
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp redcurrant jelly
- 100g reduced-fat crème fraîche
- 2 tbsp coarse-grain mustard
- 500g spring greens, trimmed and sliced, then steamed
Cut the potatoes into even-sized pieces and boil until tender. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the lamb over a medium heat, turning once, until just cooked. The exact time will depend on the thickness of the lamb and the way you like it. Remove and keep warm.
Add the shallot to the pan and cook until soft. Add the vinegar and redcurrant jelly and stir until the jelly melts. Simmer for 3 minutes or until slightly reduced.
When the potatoes are cooked, mash them with the crème fraîche and mustard, and season. Serve with the lamb and spring greens.