- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 800g potatoes, peeled and evenly sliced
- 2 x 400g packs Asda Smart Price Lamb Shoulder Chops
- 297g pack Asda Diced Lamb
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 50g black pudding, roughly chopped (optional)
- 1 tbsp chopped rosemary (leaves only)
- 1 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 600ml hot lamb stock
- 25g butter
Pre-heat the oven to 160C/140C Fan/Gas 3. Fry the onion in the oil until soft. Layer half the potatoes in the bottom of a large, greased casserole dish.
Trim any excess fat off the chops and layer on top of the potato with the diced lamb, carrots, black pudding, rosemary, parsley and bay leaf.
Arrange the rest of the potato on top in neat overlapping slices. Pour in enough hot stock to come just below the top of the potato. Dot with half the butter, cover the dish and cook in the oven for two hours.
Increase the oven temperature to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. Melt the rest of the butter. Remove the lid and brush the potato with the melted butter. Cook, uncovered, for another 30 minutes or until the potatoes are golden brown.