- 500g Asda Good For You Reduced Fat Beef Mince
- 3 rashers Asda Extra Lean Back Bacon, trimmed of all fat, chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 400g can Asda Chopped Tomatoes
- 150g mushrooms, chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 stick celery, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 5 basil leaves, shredded
- 170g Asda Baby Spinach
- 25g cornflour
- 500ml skimmed milk
- 1 tsp English mustard
- Pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 75g Parmesan, grated
- 4 sheets Asda Fresh Lasagne Sheets
Put the mince, bacon and onion in a large, non-stick pan and cook, stirring until the beef browns and the onion begins to soften. Add the garlic and cook for another minute, then add the tomatoes, mushrooms, carrot, celery, tomato purée and basil leaves. Cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Put the spinach in a large frying pan with 1 tablespoon water and cook until it wilts. Turn into a colander and press with the back of a spoon to extract as much liquid as possible. Set aside.
Mix the cornflour with a little milk to make a smooth paste. Heat the rest of the milk in a pan. Stir in the cornflour mixture and simmer for 1 minute, stirring all the time. Season well, then add the mustard, cayenne pepper and two-thirds of the Parmesan.
Pre-heat the oven to 190C/170C Fan/Gas 5. In an ovenproof dish, about 6cm deep (32cm by 20cm), layer half of the meat sauce, pasta, spinach and white sauce, trimming the lasagna sheets to fit. Repeat layers and sprinkle the top with the rest of the Parmesan. Cook in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes.