Layered smoked fish paté
- 200g Asda Extra Special Smoked Salmon
- 300g Asda Extra Special Golden Roast Scottish Smoked Salmon Slices
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 150g butter, softened
- 300g Asda Full Fat Soft And Creamy Cheese
- 2 pinches cayenne pepper
- 1 unwaxed lemon, zest and juice of, plus lemon wedges to serve
- 250g smoked mackerel fillet
- 2 tsp Asda Creamed Horseradish
- Wholemeal toast (or melba toast), to serve
Line a 2lb loaf tin with cling film - this will make it easy to turn the paté out. Cover the base and sides of the tin (but not the ends) with the smoked salmon, so that the pieces just about overlap.
In a food processor, mix the roast salmon slices, tomato ketchup, dill and half of each of the following: butter, soft cheese, cayenne, and lemon zest and juice. Spoon into the tin, level the top and chill. Don't wash the processor as you'll need it for the next layer.
Skin the smoked mackerel and whizz together with the horseradish and the rest of the butter, cheese, cayenne, and lemon zest and juice. Spoon over the salmon paté and level the top. Fold over the overlapping salmon.
Cover with cling film. Chill for at least 2 hours.
To serve, carefully invert out of the tin, cut into 10 slices, wiping the knife clean between each slice. Serve with toast or melba toast. Garnish with salad leaves and lemon wedges. Wrap any remaining slices in cling film and freeze.