Layers of flavour gluten-free terrine
- 1 large aubergine, topped, tailed and sliced lengthways
- 110g pack baby leeks, sliced lengthways and trimmed
- 2 large courgettes, topped, tailed and sliced lengthways
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan
- 20 large basil leaves
- 720ml jar Melis Roasted Red Peppers, drained and sliced, or oven-roasted red peppers
- 120g bag mixed salad leaves
- 3 tbsp dried cranberries
Brush the aubergine, leeks and courgettes with 3 tbsp of the oil. Griddle or pan-fry for 2-3 minutes on each side until soft and charred. Set aside.
In a processor, blitz the garlic, Parmesan, basil and remaining oil into a smooth pesto.
Take a 24cm loaf tin. Cut a piece of card to fit the top, and wrap it in foil. Set aside. Line the tin with clingfilm. Arrange the veg and peppers inside, packed down tightly, with the pesto spread between each layer.
Cover with clingfilm, then lay the foil-wrapped card on top, weighed down with 2 heavy cans. Chill for at least 6 hours.
Turn out and unwrap the terrine. Discard any liquid. Serve in slices with the salad leaves and cranberries.