Leek, carrot & chickpea curry
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 350g leeks, trimmed, halved lengthways and cut into 1cm slices
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp freshly grated root ginger
- 1-2 level tbsp Asda Madras Curry Powder
- ½ level tsp crushed dried chillies (optional)
- 200g carrots, cut into batons
- 1 baking potato, peeled and cut into 1½cm cubes
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 400g can coconut milk
- Fresh coriander, to serve
- Rice, to serve
Heat the oil in a large pan and cook the leeks, garlic and ginger over a low heat for 5 minutes. Add the curry powder and cook, stirring, for another minute.
Add 300ml water, the dried chillies (if using), the carrots, potato and tomato purée. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add the chickpeas and coconut milk. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
Sprinkle with coriander and serve with rice.