Leek & crab turnovers
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 leeks (300g), washed and thinly sliced
- 1 large potato, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1 tbsp plain flour, plus extra for rolling
- 2 x 120g cans Asda Chunky Crab Meat
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 500g ready-made puff pastry
- 1 medium free-range egg, lightly beaten
- Salad, to serve
Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the leeks and potato and cook until soft. Sprinkle over the flour and cook, stirring for 1 minute.
Add the crab meat and its liquid, and the lemon zest, and stir over a medium heat until thickened. Remove from the heat, season to taste and leave to cool.
Pre-heat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. Roll out the pastry into a 36cm square and cut into 4. Divide the leek mixture between the squares. Fold in the corners of each square. Brush with the egg and pinch together to seal. Put on a baking tray, brush with beaten egg and cook for 25 minutes until golden. Serve with salad.