Leek & mustard cheese tart
- 25g butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 350g leeks, trimmed, washed and cut into 1cm thick slices
- 350g Asda Ready Rolled Shortcrust Pastry
- 3 level tbsp coarsegrain mustard
- 175ml Asda Crème Fraîche
- 2 free-range eggs
- 50g mature Cheddar, grated
- 25g Parmesan, grated
- 1 small bunch chives, chopped
- 180g baby leaf spinach, to serve
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar, to serve
Melt the butter and oil in a shallow pan. Add the leeks and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring well. Add 1 tbsp water, cover, reduce the heat and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season and set aside to cool slightly.
Pre-heat the oven to 190C/170C Fan/Gas 5. Roll out the pastry to a 20cm circle and put on a baking sheet. Spread with the mustard, leaving a 4cm border.
Mix the crème fraîche, eggs, cheese and leeks. Season and spoon over the mustard base on the pastry. Scatter over the chives. Fold in the edges to form a 2cm crust.
Bake for 35-40 minutes. Stand the tart for 5 minutes, then serve with the spinach tossed in balsamic vinegar and a drizzle of olive oil.