Leg of lamb on celeriac gratin
- 2.2kg leg of lamb on the bone
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 2 large onions, finely sliced
- 3 sprigs of thyme, leaves only, plus extra to garnish
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 large celeriac, peeled and finely sliced
- 300ml chicken stock
Pre-heat the oven to 140C/120C Fan/Gas 1. Make small incisions all over the lamb with a sharp knife. Push a sliver of garlic in each hole.
Lightly oil a roasting dish. Scatter some onions and thyme over the base. Top with a layer of potato and celeriac. Repeat twice more, finishing with a potato and celeriac layer on top.
Pour in the stock and sit the lamb on top. Roast for 4 hours until the meat can be pulled from the bone with a fork. Garnish with thyme.