Lemon crumbed fish steaks
- 2 large baking potatoes, peeled
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 tbsp flour
- 100g fresh white breadcrumbs
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 large egg
- 25g butter, melted
- Cod, fillet (approx 400g), skinned and cut into 8 pieces
- 325g frozen peas
- 4 tbsp reduced fat crème fraîche
Pre-heat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas 7. Cut the potatoes into chunky chips and toss with the oil to coat. Spread on a baking tray and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden.
Put the flour on one plate. Mix the crumbs and zest on another. Mix the egg and butter in a shallow dish.
Dip each fish piece in the flour to coat, shaking off any excess. Next, coat in the egg mixture and dip in the crumbs, patting them all over.
Put on a baking tray and bake for 15-18 minutes.
Boil the peas, drain and return to the pan. Mash with the crème fraîche and serve with the fish and chips.