Lemon drizzle loaf
1 Hour 20 Mins
Price: 20p per serving
- 120g Asda Free From Dairy Free Sunflower Spread, plus extra for greasing
- 300g caster sugar
- 250g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp Dr. Oetker Gluten Free Baking Powder
- 250g Asda Free From Plain Soya Yogurt Alternative
- ½ tsp Dr. Oetker Madagascan Vanilla Extract
- 3 unwaxed lemons, zest and juice of 2, plus 1 thinly sliced
Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4. Grease and line a 20cm/1L loaf tin.
Beat together the spread, 175g of the sugar, the flour, baking powder, soya yogurt, vanilla and lemon zest until smooth.
Spoon into the tin and level the top. Bake for 50-60 mins or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
Meanwhile, simmer the lemon slices in 50ml water and 75g of the sugar for 10 mins. Drain then cool on baking paper.
For the glaze, stir the remaining sugar into the lemon juice (about 100ml). While the cake is warm, poke a few holes in the top and drizzle over the glaze. Cool in the tin, turn out, then top with the lemon slices to serve.