Lentil, aubergine and tomato cous cous soup
- 3 aubergines, cut into chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 25g pack coriander, leaves picked, stalks roughly chopped
- 2 red onions, roughly chopped
- 2 sticks celery, roughly chopped
- 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1tbsp dried oregano
- 1tbsp smoked paprika
- 1tsp chilli flakes
- 100g dried red lentils
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 reduced-salt vegetable stock cube
- 110g pack Asda Mediterranean Style Tomato Cous Cous
- Zest and juice 1 lemon, plus wedges to serve
- 1tbsp almond flakes, toasted, to serve
Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6.
On a large baking tray or in a roasting tin, toss together the aubergines, garlic, red pepper, coriander stalks, onions, celery, oil, oregano, smoked paprika and chilli flakes. Roast for 30 mins.
Put the lentils in a sieve and rinse under a cold tap until the water runs clear.
Transfer the roasted vegetables to a large pan. Add the lentils, tomatoes, stock cube and 500ml boiling water. Bring back to the boil and simmer for 35 mins until the lentils are cooked and the veg is tender.
Prepare the cous cous according to the pack instructions.
Remove the soup from the heat, add the lemon zest and juice, and season to taste with freshly ground black pepper. Stir the cous cous through the soup.
Divide between 4 bowls. Garnish with the coriander leaves and almonds, and serve with lemon wedges.