Lentil Bolognese with courgetti
- 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 150g chestnut mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 150g dried green lentils, rinsed (puy lentils or split pea lentils also work well)
- 2tbsp sundried or regular tomato purée
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 1tsp dried oregano
- 4 courgettes
- 100g Cheddar, grated
- You will also need a spiralizer
Heat 2tsp of the oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Cook the onion, carrot and celery for 10 mins, until starting to colour.
Add the mushrooms and garlic, and cook for 2 mins.
Add the lentils to a pan of boiling water then cook for 10 mins. Drain.
Stir the tomato purée, lentils, tomatoes, oregano and 400ml water into the vegetable mixture. Season with black pepper. Bring to the boil and simmer for 35-40 mins, or until the lentils are tender and the sauce is thick.
Meanwhile, spiralize the courgettes into noodles, or grate coarsely. Gently cook in the remaining oil, in a large frying pan over a medium heat, for 3-5 mins.
Divide the courgetti between 4 bowls. Top with the Bolognese sauce and a sprinkling of the Cheddar.