Lentil, chickpea and spinach curry
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, choppe
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2tbsp medium curry powder
- 400g can Napolina Chopped Tomatoes with Pepper & Chilli
- 400g can Good& Balanced Green Lentils, drained
- 215g can Good& Balanced Chickpeas, drained
- 180g Grower’s Selection Unwashed Baby Spinach
- 2 Chosen by you Plain Naans (optional)
Heat the oil in a large pan and cook the onion for 4 mins until soft. Add the crushed garlic and cook for another 1 min. Stir in the curry powder and cook for a further 1 min.
Add the tomatoes, lentils and chickpeas and stir well to mix together. Simmer gently for 8 mins until slightly thickened. Add the baby spinach at the last minute before serving, so it is just beginning to wilt.
If you're having naans, heat them according to the pack instructions just before serving with the curry.