Lentil dhal with cucumber salad
- 2tsp rapeseed oil
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1tbsp Asda Mild Curry Powder
- 2 x 390g tins Asda Green Lentils in Water, drained and rinsed
- 200ml reduced-fat coconut milk
- 200g Frozen for Freshness Cauliflower
- 180g pack mild baby spinach
- ½ cucumber, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- Zest and juice ½ lime, plus lime wedges to serve
- 4 medium eggs
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 10g coriander, chopped
Heat 1tsp of the oil in a pan over a medium setting. Add the carrot and curry powder; fry for 2 mins. Stir in the lentils, coconut milk and 150ml water.
Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 mins. Add the cauliflower and spinach and cook for 5 mins more.
Mix together the cucumber, spring onions, lime zest and juice.
Heat the remaining oil in a nonstick pan over a high setting. Fry the eggs for 3-5 mins until the whites are just set.
Divide the dhal and salad between 4 plates. Top each with an egg, the chilli and coriander and a sprinkle of black pepper. Serve with the lime wedges.