Lentil dhal with roasted vegetables
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, de-seeded and cut into 1cm pieces
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
- 2 onions, cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 aubergine, cubed
- 2 courgettes, cubed
- 200g red split lentils, rinsed
- 2 x 390g cartons Chosen by you Chopped Tomatoes
- Fresh coriander, to serve
- Chosen by you Low Fat Natural Yogurt, to serve
Pre-heat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4. Toss the butternut squash, carrots and onions in the oil with the spices and garlic. Put on a baking tray and cook for 15 minutes, then add the aubergine and courgettes. Return to the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until all the vegetables are tender and turning golden brown.
Meanwhile, put the lentils in a pan and add enough cold water to cover. Bring to the boil, cover and cook for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally and topping up with water if necessary, until soft.
Drain the lentils, then return to the pan with the tomatoes. Bring to the boil, then heat through for 5 minutes.
Add the lentil mixture to the roasted vegetables and mix. Serve topped with the coriander and a dollop of yogurt.