Lentil spaghetti bolognese
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 sticks celery, finely chopped
- 200g button mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 200g Good& Balanced Red Lentils
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1tsp dried oregano
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 300g spaghetti
- Basil leaves and grated vegetarian cheese, to serve
Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick pan. Add the onion, carrot, celery, mushrooms and garlic. Cook gently for 15-20 mins, stirring regularly.
Add the chopped tomatoes, lentils, sun-dried tomatoes, ketchup, oregano, stock and a little black pepper. Bring to the boil and simmer for 45 mins until the lentils are tender, adding a little water if the sauce starts to look dry.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Divide between 4 plates. Top with the Bolognese sauce, basil, grated cheese and black pepper, and serve.