Lincolnshire sausage casserole
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 150g mushrooms, halved
- 454g pack Asda British Lincolnshire Sausages
- 400ml beef stock
- 4 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 tsp mixed herbs
- 410g can Asda Butterbeans, drained
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley (optional)
- Mashed potatoes, to serve
Heat the oil in a large pan and cook the onion for 3-4 minutes, then add the carrots and mushrooms and cook for a further 3 minutes.
Meanwhile, brown the sausages in a separate frying pan (no need to add any fat).
Add the sausages to the vegetables in the pan. Stir in the stock, purèe and herbs. Bring to the boil and simmer without a lid for 5 minutes.
Stir in the beans and the cornflour mixed to a paste with 2 tbsp water.
Continue to cook for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley, if used, and serve with mashed potatoes.