Lola’s chicken and mushroom pasta
- 300g Asda Penne Pasta
- 240g pack Grower's Selection Green Beans, trimmed and halved
- 200g Asda 50% Less Fat Light Original Soft Cheese
- 1tbsp semi-skimmed milk
- 2tsp rapeseed oil
- 2 x large chicken breasts, diced
- 250g Grower's Selection Chestnut Mushrooms, cleaned and halved or quartered, depending on size
- 1 x small red onion, diced
- 25g parmesan, grated
- 90g bag Asda Mixed Baby Leaf Salad
Ask an adult to bring a pan of water to the boil, then add the pasta and simmer for 10-12 mins until almost tender. Add the green beans for the final 4 mins of the pasta cooking time. Drain and return to the pan.
Meanwhile, mix the soft cheese with the milk to loosen it, then set aside.
Heat the oil in a frying pan on a medium setting. Add the chicken and cook for 4-5 mins, stirring, until browned all over. Then add the mushrooms and cook for a further 3-4 mins, stirring often, until browned.
Reduce the heat, add the red onion and cook for 4 mins, stirring often, until softened but not browned.
Add the chicken mixture and the soft cheese and heat through, stirring. Season with black pepper, scatter over the Parmesan and serve with the salad.