- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 75g Asda Butcher's Selection Unsmoked Streaky Bacon, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 150g carrots, finely diced
- 2 stick celery, finely diced
- 500g pack Asda Butcher's Selection Pork Mince
- 500g pack Asda Butcher's Selection Beef Steak Mince
- 2 x 390g cartons chopped tomatoes with garlic
- 1 beef stock cube
- 100g tomato purée
- 2 level tbsp dried oregano
- 50g butter
- 40g plain flour
- 400ml semi-skimmed milk
- 250g pack Asda Fresh Egg Lasagne
- 75g mature Cheddar, grated
Heat the oil in a saucepan and cook the bacon until the fat runs and it starts to crisp. Remove and set aside.
Add the onion, carrots and celery to the pan and cook over a medium heat, stirring often, for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are softened.
Add the pork mince, turn the heat up and cook, stirring, until it browns. Tip into a bowl and set aside. Add the steak mince, to the pan and cook, stirring, until it browns. Return the pork and veg to the pan.
Add the bacon, tomatoes, stock cube, purée, oregano and 200ml water. Season with pepper. Heat until simmering, cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring often.
Pre-heat the oven to 190C/170C Fan/Gas 5. Melt the butter in a pan and stir in the flour. Cook over a low heat for 30 seconds, stirring. Gradually whisk in the milk. Heat until simmering, whisking all the time. Season with pepper.
Spread a third of the meat sauce in two 30cm x 21cm dishes. Put a lasagne sheet on top. Cut to fit.
Cover with another layer of meat sauce, then pasta. Repeat. Spread the white sauce on top and sprinkle on the cheese. Cook in the oven for 30-35 minutes, or refrigerate or freeze for later.
To cook from chilled, bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes; if frozen, defrost in the fridge overnight and cook as above.