Masterclass pulled ham & creamy herb salad
Be the first to rate this recipe
- 750g Butcher’s Selection Unsmoked Gammon Roasting Joint
- 200ml cider
- 110g bag Asda Tender Leaf Salad
- 1 tbsp capers, drained
- 50g frozen peas, simmered for 2 minutes and then drained
- 3 radishes, sliced
- 10 Chosen by you Baby Gherkins, sliced
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp reduced fat crème fraîche
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
Pre-heat the oven to 140C/120C Fan/Gas
Put the gammon in a roasting dish and pour over the cider. Cover the gammon with foil and cook for 4 hours.
Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
Pull the pork apart with a fork to get long shreds. You only need to use about a quarter of the ham – store the rest in an airtight container in the fridge.
Toss the ham with the salad leaves, capers, peas, radishes and gherkins.
To make the dressing, whisk together the vinegar, oil, crème fraîche, mustard and parsley in a bowl. Pour over the salad and toss.