Mediterranean fish soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and diced
- 1 stick celery, trimmed and sliced
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 390g carton chopped tomatoes with herbs
- 250ml vegetable stock made with 1 stock cube
- 1/2 x 500g pack Chosen by you Cook From Frozen White Fish Fillets
- 1/2 x 200g pack Smart Price Prawns
- 1 level tbsp cornflour, mixed with 2 tbsp water
- Crusty bread, to serve
Heat the oil in a pan, then cook the onion for 2-3 minutes until soft but not coloured. Add the pepper and celery, stir, then cover and cook over a low heat for 5 minutes.
Add the tomato puree and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and stock, then turn up the heat until simmering. Cover and simmer for 8 minutes.
Add the fish, return to the boil and simmer for 12-15 minutes – it’s ready when it flakes easily. Remove and flake with a fork. Return to the pan with the prawns.Cook until the prawns are thawed and heated.
Stir in the cornflour and heat until simmering. Serve with crusty bread.