Mediterranean open lasagne
Be the first to rate this recipe
- 2 red onions, cut into thin wedges
- 1 aubergine, cubed
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and cut into small pieces
- 1 yellow pepper, de-seeded and cut into small pieces
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes, halved, plus 2 tbsp oil from the jar
- 2 tsp mixed herbs
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 40g cornflour
- 450ml semi-skimmed milk
- 1 level tsp coarse-grain mustard
- 50g Chosen by you 50% Less Fat Mature British Cheese, grated
- 125g Chosen by you Fresh Lasagne Sheets
- Salad, to serve
Pre-heat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas 7. Toss the red onions, aubergines, peppers and sun-dried tomatoes in the oil, to coat. Stir in the mixed herbs and black pepper. Put in a roasting tin, cover with foil and cook in the oven for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and cook, uncovered, for another 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, make the white sauce. Mix the cornflour with a splash of the milk and the mustard, in a pan, until smooth, then add the rest of the milk. Bring to the boil, stirring continuously. Simmer for 1-2 minutes, until the sauce has thickened. Add the cheese. Take off the heat and stir.
Cut each sheet of lasagne into 4 and add to a pan of boiling water. Simmer for 4 minutes, then drain.
To serve, layer sheets of lasagne with the veg mixture and sauce.