Mega carrot cake
- 1 large orange, zest and juice of
- 175g Asda Sultanas
- 150g pecan, roughly chopped
- 300g Asda self-raising flour
- 2 level tsp mixed spice
- 1 ½ level bicarbonate of soda
- 75g Asda Desiccated Coconut
- 3 large eggs
- 250g light soft brown sugar
- 220ml sunflower oil
- 300g carrots (peeled weight), grated
- 100g butter, softened
- 100g icing sugar
- 1 tbsp Asda Lemon Juice
- Few drops Asda Extra Special Vanilla Extract
- 300g Asda Full Fat Soft and Creamy Cheese
Pre-heat the oven to 160C/140C Fan/Gas 3. Grease a 28cm x 25cm roasting tin and line with baking paper.
Put the orange zest, 2 tbsp juice and sultanas in a bowl, and leave for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, put the nuts on a baking tray and cook in the oven for 8 minutes.
Sift the flour, spice and bicarb of soda into a bowl. Add half the pecans and the coconut.
Whisk the eggs, sugar and oil until the sugar starts to dissolve. Stir in the sultanas and juice, carrots and flour mixture. Put in the tin and bake for 1 hour.
Leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then transfer to a rack.
Beat the butter and icing sugar, then stir in the lemon juice, vanilla and cheese. Spread on the cake and sprinkle with remaining nuts.