Mexican chicken, avocado and bean salad
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 300g frozen chicken breast chunks
- 1tbsp Schwartz Fajita Seasoning
- 1tbsp lemon juice from concentrate, mixed with 2tsp water
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped (optional)
- 3 Little Gem lettuces, washed and roughly torn
- 300g can Good & balanced Mexican Style Bean Mix, rinsed and drained
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled, stoned and sliced
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- Coriander and lime wedges, to serve (optional)
Put 1tbsp of the oil in a large nonstick pan over a medium heat. Add the chicken pieces and fry for 12-15 mins, until thoroughly cooked through. Add the Fajita seasoning 2 mins before the end, stirring to stop it catching.
To make the dressing, whisk the remaining oil in a small bowl with the lemon juice and chilli, if using. Set aside.
To build the salad, divide the lettuce between 4 plates and scatter over the beans, avocado and onion. Top with the chicken and drizzle over the dressing. Serve straight away with coriander and lime wedges, if using.