Mexican Chimichurri steak
Be the first to rate this recipe
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 Asda Butcher’s Selection Ribeye or Rump Steaks
- Ground black pepper
- 100ml Asda Chimichurri Marinade
- 90g bag Asda Baby Leaf & Rocket Salad
- Mexican pickled onion, sliced, to serve (optional). See tip above.
- Fresh coriander, chopped, to serve (optional)
Rub the olive oil all over the steaks and season with a good pinch of black pepper.
Place the steaks in a hot pan, or under a grill, and cook for about 5 minutes for medium (or to your liking), turning every minute. Allow the steaks to rest for 3 minute, then slice into strips.
Toss the steak in 50ml of the Chimichurri Marinade. Arrange the salad leaves on plates, then top each with some of the steak, and scatter over a few pickled onions and the coriander, if using. Drizzle over the remaining Chimichurri Marinade and serve.