Mexican sharing platter
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 red chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 200g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 156g pack of Old El Paso Taco Shells
- 435g pouch of Old El Paso Refried Beans
- 150ml pot Asda Reduced Fat Soured Cream
- 1 lime
Pre-heat the oven to 190C/170C Fan/Gas 5. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Toss the peppers in the oil, garlic powder and spices.
Put the peppers on the baking tray, skin side up. Roast in the oven for 25 minutes. Remove skins, put in a bowl and set aside.
Halve, stone and peel the avocados and cut into small cubes. Mix with the chilli and lime juice. Put in another serving bowl.
Mix the cherry tomatoes with the red onion and coriander and put into a bowl. Arrange the taco shells on a baking tray and heat in the oven for 5 minutes.
Cut the top off the pouch of refried beans. Microwave it on high for 1 and 1/2 minutes or heat in a pan with 3 tbsp water, stirring often. Place in another serving bowl.
Put the bowls of peppers, avocados, tomatoes and refried beans on the table with the warm taco shells alongside the soured cream.