Mexican-inspired smoky tomato and bean shakshuka
- 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 100g roasted red peppers (from a jar), sliced
- 5g jalapeños (from a jar), chopped
- 1tbsp smoked paprika
- 400g tin Asda Taco Mixed Beans in a Spicy Tomato Sauce
- 400g tin Asda Chopped Tomatoes with Garlic in Tomato Juice
- 1tsp tomato ketchup
- 4 large eggs
- 1 green chilli, sliced
- Coriander, to garnish
- Flatbreads, toasted in a dry griddle pan, to serve
Put the oil in a large lidded frying pan. Add the onion and cook on a medium heat for 5 mins, stirring often.
Add the red peppers and jalapeños then fry for 2-3 mins. Add the paprika and fry to 1 min, stirring.
Add the beans. Simmer for 5 mins, stirring often.
Add the tomatoes and cook for 5 mins. Stir in the ketchup and cook for 1 min.
Use a spoon to make 4 'wells' in the mixture, then crack 1 egg into each well.
Cover the pan with the lid. Cook on low for 5 mins, until the egg whites are set but the yolks are still runny.
Take off the heat; sprinkle with the green chilli and coriander. Season with black pepper and serve with the flatbreads on the side.