Mexican-style mini veg cottage pies
- 800g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1tsp rapeseed oil
- 2 peppers, deseeded and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 red chilli, chopped, plus extra, sliced, to serve
- 35g taco seasoning
- 1tsp mixed dried herbs
- 400g tin kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 100g dried red lentils, rinsed
- ½ reduced-salt veg stock cube made up to 200ml
- Juice and zest 1 lime
- 100ml Asda 50% Less Fat Crème Fraîche
- Coriander sprigs, to serve
Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6.
Put the sweet potatoes in a pan of water and simmer for 20 mins until soft.
Meanwhile, put the onions and carrots in a pan with the oil and cook for 10 mins. Add the peppers and cook for 5 mins.
Add the garlic and chilli and cook for 2 mins. Add the taco seasoning and herbs; cook for 2 mins. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, lentils and stock. Bring to the boil; simmer for 20 mins.
Divide the veg mixture between 4 individual ovenproof dishes (or put in 1 large dish) and level out.
Drain the potatoes, return to the pan and season with pepper. Mash until smooth, then stir in the lime juice.
Top the veg mix in the bowls with the mash. Cook in the oven for 25 mins. Serve topped with the lime zest, crème fraîche, sliced chillies, coriander and black pepper.