Easy Middle Eastern couscous for four
Price: 77p per serving
- 200g couscous
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Juice 1 lemon
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2tsp ground cumin
- 100g Greek-style cheese, crumbled
- 100g raisins or sultanas
- 100g dried apricots, chopped
- 50g Asda Roasted & Salted Mixed Nuts, chopped
- 10g fresh mint, chopped
Put the couscous into a bowl and cover with boiling water (about 300ml). It should come about 1cm over the top of the grains. Cover with a plate or clingfilm and leave for 10 mins until all the liquid has been absorbed.
Fluff the couscous with a fork, then add the remaining ingredients (except the mint), mixing well. Season with black pepper. Serve scattered with the chopped mint.