Mini chilli beef & bean pies
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 500g pack Asda Lean Beef Steak Mince
- 1 level tbsp chilli powder
- 2 level tsp plain flour
- 400g can Asda Chopped Tomatoes with Chilli
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 level tsp sugar
- 400g can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed.
- Flour, for rolling out
- 750g Asda Chosen by you Ready to Roll Shortcrust Pastry
- 1 medium egg, beaten
Gently fry the onion in the oil until soft. Add the mince and cook, stirring, until it changes colour. Stir in the chilli powder and flour.
Add the tomatoes, purée, sugar and beans. Partially cover, then simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Pre-heat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. Dust a surface with flour. Roll out the pastry and cut out 16 x 12cm rounds and 16 smaller ones for the lids. Line 2 muffin trays with the larger rounds, with the pastry overhanging.
Divide the chilli. Dampen the pastry edges with the egg. Place the lids on top and press with your fingers to seal. Make a hole in the lids, brush with egg and bake for 20-25 minutes.