Minted lamb with peas
- 700g Asda Lamb Leg Steaks, trimmed and cubed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1⁄2 bunch spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 100g baby carrots, trimmed and halved
- 100g fresh shelled peas (or frozen peas)
- 100g fresh shelled broad beans (or frozen broad beans)
- 200ml lamb stock (made with 1⁄2 stock cube)
- 150ml apple juice
- 2 sprigs mint
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 400g new potatoes, to serve
Pre-heat the oven to 160C/140C Fan/Gas 3. Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the lamb until lightly browned on all sides. Transfer to a casserole dish, leaving any fat in the pan.
Sprinkle the flour over the meat and toss to coat it. Put in the oven, uncovered.
Add the spring onions and carrots to the frying pan and cook for 2 minutes. Then add the peas, broad beans, stock and apple juice, and heat until simmering. Tip into the casserole dish with a sprig each of mint and thyme.
Cover and cook in the oven for 45 minutes. Garnish with thyme and serve with boiled new potatoes and mint.