Dean Edwards’ miso chicken ramen
Cook: 20 Mins
plus 5 hrs cooking
Price: £1.52 per serving
- 6 spring onions, white parts only, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 thumb-sized piece ginger, chopped
- 50ml cream sherry (optional)
- 2tbsp miso paste
- 1tsp red chilli flakes
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1.2L chicken stock
- 300ml soya milk
- 4 chicken thighs, skin and bones removed, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 100g shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 300g Asda Straight to Wok Noodles
- TO SERVE
- 15g fresh coriander
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
- 3 medium eggs, soft boiled and halved
In a bowl or jug, blitz the spring onions, garlic, ginger, sherry (if using), miso paste, chilli flakes and oil with a handheld blender until smooth.Spoon into the slow cooker, pour in the stock and soya milk then mix together well. Add the chicken and the mushrooms. Cover with the lid and cook on the low setting for 5 hrs.
Just before you’re ready to serve, cook the noodles according to the pack instructions, then divide between 6 bowls.
Ladle the chicken and broth over the noodles. Serve garnished with the coriander, spring onion, chilli and half a boiled egg.