Mixed bean and vegetable casserole with veggie ‘meatballs’
Be the first to rate this recipe
- 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- 276g pack Asda Plant Based 12 Meat-free Meatballs
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 420g pack Asda Mediterranean Style Vegetables
- 400g tin Asda Organic Mixed Beans in Water, drained and rinsed
- 400g tin Asda Chopped Tomatoes with Herbs
- 1 reduced-salt vegetable stock cube, made up to 400ml
- 40g sliced kale, woody stems removed
- 1tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley, to garnish
- 6 wholemeal rolls, to serve
Heat the oil in a large pan. Fry the meat-free meatballs on a medium setting for 5-6 mins to brown. Scoop out of the pan and set aside.
Add the garlic and the Mediterranean vegetables. Cook for 5-6 mins, stirring regularly, until starting to soften. Season with ground black pepper, then add the beans, chopped tomatoes and vegetable stock. Bring to a simmer.
Cook the casserole over a low heat for 12-15 mins, with the lid off, until the vegetables are tender but still firm. Add the meatballs and the kale to the pan for the final 5 mins.
Sprinkle with the parsley and serve with the rolls.