Moroccan lamb and sweet potato stew
Be the first to rate this recipe
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 350g pack Butcher's Selection Diced Lamb
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2tbsp Asda Moroccan Seasoning
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 lamb stock cube, made up to 600ml
- 50g dates, halved
- 50g sultanas
- 30g toasted flaked almonds
- 2tbsp chopped coriander
Heat 1tbsp of the oil in a large heavy-based pan on a high heat and brown the lamb in batches. Drain and set aside.
Add the rest of the oil and the onion to the pan and cook over a medium heat for 8-10 mins until soft and starting to brown. Add the garlic, and Moroccan seasoning and cook for 2 mins.
Return the lamb to the pan with the sweet potatoes, tomatoes, cinnamon and stock and stir well. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook on low for 1 hr 30 mins, stirring occasionally.
Remove the lid and increase the heat to medium. Stir in the dates and sultanas and cook for 30 mins.
Sprinkle over the flaked almonds and coriander, to serve.