Moroccan lamb tagine
- Generous pinch of saffron strands
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 x 297g packs Asda Diced Lamb
- ½ level tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 level tsp ground ginger
- 1 level tsp ground cumin
- 1 level tsp ground coriander
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 500ml lamb stock
- Half butternut squash, peeled, de-seeded and cubed
- 125g ready-to-eat dried apricots
- 125g prunes
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 level tbsp cornflour
- Couscous, to serve
- Toasted almonds, to serve
Pre-heat the oven to 160C/140C Fan/Gas 3. Put the saffron in a bowl with 3 tbsp hot water. Cook the onion in 1 tbsp of the oil in a pan. Remove and put in a casserole dish. Leave any fat in the pan.
Add the remaining oil to the pan and brown the meat in batches (don't overcrowd) and add to the onion.
Sprinkle the spices on the meat. Add the saffron, carrots and stock. Stir, cover and cook in the oven for 1 hour.
Add the squash and fruit. Cover and cook for 50 minutes. Mix the honey, vinegar and flour until smooth and stir in. Cover and cook for 10 minutes. Serve with the couscous and almonds.