Moroccan-spiced sweet potato and lentil soup
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 4tbsp Asda Moroccan Seasoning
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 150g carrots, diced
- 400g tin Asda Chopped Tomatoes with Chilli & Pepper in Tomato Juice
- 75g dried split red lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 Knorr The Vegetable Cube 25% Less Salt, crumbled
- 10g coriander, chopped
- 4 Dina Wholemeal Mini Pitta Breads, to serve
In a large pan, fry the onion in the oil over a medium heat for 4-5 mins until soft. Add the chilli and cook for 2 mins.
Stir in the Moroccan seasoning, then add the sweet potato and carrots. Stir well to coat with the seasoned oil.
Add the tomatoes, red lentils, stock cube and 600ml water. Cover, bring to the boil and simmer for 25 mins.
Remove about a quarter of the veg and lentils with a draining spoon and set aside. Purée the remaining soup with a handheld blender, topping up with water if too thick.
Return the reserved vegetables and lentils to the pan, then add half the coriander. Heat through, divide between 4 bowls and sprinkle the remaining coriander on top.
Serve with 1 mini pitta bread per person on the side.