Moroccan-style chick pea soup
Be the first to rate this recipe
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 tsp fresh root ginger, grated
- 1 level tsp ground coriander
- 1 level tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 level tsp ground cinnamon
- 250g sweet potato (peeled weight), cut into small cubes
- 150g carrots, cubed
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 700ml vegetable stock
- 400g can chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 4 pitta breads, toasted
Heat the oil in a pan and cook the onion until soft. Add the ginger and spices and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
Add the sweet potato, carrots, tomatoes and stock. Heat until simmering. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
Remove a third of the vegetables with half of the cooking liquid and purée using a hand held blender or processor. Return to the pan with the chick peas.
Heat through and serve with the pitta bread.