Creamy mushroom and chestnut pie with macadamia nut crumble
- 25g unsalted butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 sprigs thyme, leaves only
- 250g chestnut mushrooms, quartered
- Juice ½ lemon
- 180g pack Merchant Gourmet Whole Chestnuts
- ½ reduced-salt vegetable stock cube, made up to 150ml with boiling water
- 150mlAsda 50% Less Fat Crème Fraîche
- 15g flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 100g fresh breadcrumbs
- 25g Parmesan, grated
- 100g macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- 3tbsp chopped basil
- 2tsp golden linseeds
- 100g coconut chunks, chopped (optional)
Preheat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas 7.
Melt the butter in a large pan over a low heat, then add the onion, garlic and most of the thyme. Cover and cook for 10 mins until softened.
Add the mushrooms, stir, then cover and cook for 5-6 mins until softened. Stir through the lemon juice and cook for 1 min, then stir in the chestnuts, stock, crème fraîche and parsley. Season with black pepper, then transfer to a shallow ovenproof dish.
Put the breadcrumbs, Parmesan, nuts and basil into a food processor, and blitz to a rough crumble. Scatter over the mushroom mixture with the linseeds.
Bake for 15-20 mins until golden, adding the coconut for the final 10 mins, if using. Serve hot, scattered with the remaining thyme.