Mushroom, lentil and halloumi warm salad
Be the first to rate this recipe
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 250g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 x 215g tins Asda Good & Balanced Green Lentils, drained and rinsed thoroughly
- 2 level tsp dried mixed herbs
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 250g pack Chosen by you Halloumi, sliced into 8
- Crusty bread, to serve
Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the mushrooms over a medium heat for 4-5 minutes, until most of the liquid has evaporated. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
Stir through the lentils and mixed herbs and turn the heat down to low. Cook for 2 minutes, then mix through the tomatoes. Set aside.
Meanwhile, heat a griddle pan or non-stick frying pan and pat dry the slices of halloumi with kitchen paper. Brush on both sides with oil, then cook for 2 minutes on each side or until golden.
Divide the lentil mixture between 4 plates and top each with 2 slices of halloumi. Serve with the bread.