- 25g pack Merchant Gourmet Mixed Dried Mushrooms
- 50ml port (or red wine)
- 2 medium onions, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 250g pack Asda Chestnut Mushrooms, halved
- 180g pack Asda Portobello Mushrooms, sliced
- 75g pack Asda Extra Special Shiitake Mushrooms, halved
- 250g Asda Arborio rice
- 1 litre hot vegetable stock
- Handful fresh parsley
- 50g Parmesan, grated
Put the dried mushrooms in a pan and pour over the port or red wine and a cup of boiling water. Leave to soak for 20 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed.
Sweat the onions and garlic in the olive oil in a large heavy-based pan. Add the fresh mushrooms and fry for 4-5 minutes or until browned.
Add the rice and stir to coat. Cook for 2 minutes, then stir in the soaked dried mushrooms. Stir again.
Add the stock, a ladle at a time, stirring after each addition, until absorbed. For a creamy risotto, add all the stock; for a firmer risotto, use as much as is necessary.
Remove from the heat, leave to rest for 2 minutes, then add the parsley and 25g of the Parmesan. Sprinkle with black pepper and serve with the rest of the cheese.
Please drink responsibly. For the facts, visit drinkaware.co.uk.