Mushroom, spinach and wild rice soup
- 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- 250g chestnut mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 reduced-salt vegetable stock cubes, made up to 850ml
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1cm chunks
- 250g pack Tilda Ready in 2 mins Brown Basmati & Wild Rice
- 150g spinach, washed
- 3 spring onions, shredded
- ½ x 25g pack flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
Heat the oil in a large pan on a medium setting. Add the chestnut mushrooms and onion and fry for 5 mins until evenly browned.
Add the vegetable stock and sweet potato to the pan, bring to the boil and simmer for 25 mins until the potato has softened. Add the pack of rice and the spinach and cook for 2 mins until the spinach has wilted.
Divide the soup between 4 bowls and top with the spring onion, parsley and freshly ground black pepper before serving