Zingy mushroom & tofu broth
- 1/2 x 340g pack Morinaga Silken Firm Tofu, drained
- 1tbsp groundnut oil
- 1tbsp sesame oil
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1cm piece root ginger, peeled and grated
- 115g shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 115g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 2tbsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- 4 star anise
- Coriander leaves, to serve
Cut the tofu into small cubes, put on a piece of triple-thickness kitchen paper and cover with another 3 layers. Press gently with the palm of your hand to remove some of the excess moisture.
Put half of both oils in a frying pan and cook the tofu for 5-10 mins until it starts to colour, then set aside to drain on clean kitchen paper.
Meanwhile, heat the rest of the oil in a large pan and cook the spring onions, chilli and ginger over a low heat for 5 mins, stirring often.
Add the mushrooms, stock cube, soy sauce, star anise and 1L water. Heat until simmering, then partially cover the pan and simmer for 5 mins.
Add the tofu and simmer gently for another 5 mins. Sprinkle with coriander leaves and serve.