Nadiya Hussain’s salmon and green bean curry
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 10g fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1tsp tomato paste
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- ½tsp turmeric
- 2tsp garam masala
- 170g green beans, trimmed and chopped into 2.5cm lengths
- 450g salmon, skin removed, cut into chunks
- Handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 300g brown rice, cooked, to serve
Heat the oil in a medium nonstick pan. Add the garlic, ginger and onion and cook for 3-5 mins on a medium heat, until the onion has softened.
Add the tomato paste, tomato, turmeric and garam masala and cook for 1 min more.
Add 200ml water then let the sauce cook down for 10-15 mins or until most of the moisture has evaporated.
Add another 200ml water and the green beans and cook for 5 mins before adding the salmon. Cover with a lid and cook for 5 mins on a medium heat.
Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the chopped coriander. Serve with brown rice.