Dairy-free spaghetti carbonara
- 2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 small white onions, finely chopped
- 2 x 155g double-pack Butcher’s Selection Lean Diced Smoked Bacon
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 300g Asda Spaghetti
- 4tbsp Koko Dairy Free Plain yogurt alternative
- 10g flat-leaf parsley, very finely chopped
- 1tsp lemon zest
Heat the oil in a large, nonstick frying pan over a low setting. Add the onions and bacon, then cover and fry for 10 mins until the onion is softened. Remove the lid and cook for 5 mins until the bacon starts to crisp up. Add the garlic and cook for 1 min.
Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti according to the pack instructions, then drain well, reserving 50ml of the cooking water.
Put the spaghetti and reserved cooking water back in the pan. Add the yogurt alternative, the parsley and lemon zest to the pan, then season with black pepper. Toss in the pan to coat the spaghetti in the sauce, add another grind of pepper, then serve.