Oaty ginger cake
- 175g butter, cut into cubes
- 250g soft brown sugar
- 225g black treacle
- 225g plain flour
- 2 level tsp ground ginger
- 2 level tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 level tsp baking powder
- 225g Asda Chosen by you Scottish Porridge Oats
- 3 or 4 stem ginger in syrup, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 400ml milk
Pre-heat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4. Line a 23cm x 23cm (4cm deep) cake tin with baking paper.
Put the butter, sugar and treacle in a pan and heat gently, stirring often, until the butter has melted. Remove from the heat and leave for 15 minutes to cool slightly.
Sift the flour, ginger, cinnamon and baking powder into a bowl. Add the oats and stem ginger, then stir well to mix.
Lightly beat the eggs and milk together in another bowl. Add to the flour, along with the treacle mixture. Stir until evenly mixed, then pour into the tin.
Bake in the oven for 1 hour 15 minutes. Leave to cool in the tin for 15 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack.